Wednesday 14 July 2010

Traitor guard update pics - "work in progress"

WELL, TOLD YOU I HAD BEEN BUSY, DIDN'T I?

Here are the pictures I have been promising for the latest additions to the guard force. I am going to nee to start copying my main man's M.O. and sticking something up each week at this rate!

I haven't included the tanks here, I want to wait until they're painted up. No sign of the rough riders either, because I am showcasing them (so far) in the next post.




Penal legion squad

Quite simply a matter of removing the arms from empire militiamen, rebasing them on larger bases and adding catachan lasgun arms and weapons. Haven't figured out their colour scheme yet, but will most likely aim for black and red so they fit in with the rest of the army.







Missile launcher teams

Mainly just plonked onto bases to join them together as one is supposed to do nowadays. There's the classic metal models there on the far right, with kit bashed models for the rest. Mainly made with spare troopers and spare parts from the heavy weapon squad kit. The heavy weapons teams all need to be sprayed up in black, but the other stuff just needs touching up with the right flesh tones and bolt gun metal now.






Lascannon teams

As per the kit really. I like the idea of kitting out heavy weapon squads to have a purpose, so 3 lascannon have a clear objective in game terms - tanks, bunkers and heavy hard men all marked for destruction!


By applying the right orders from the command squads squads like this can really hamper your opponent's day!






Commissars

Don't they look cool? Made using parts from the Empire militia kits combined with heads, weapons and arms from the imperial guard kit I have managed to come up with a bunch of nasty fellas for the chaos guard with the trademark trench coat and some cheesy weaponry. Note the commissar in the background running and screaming orders. Nice!






Psyker battle squad with "minder"

Made by simply sticking empire militia onto larger bases, with a kit bashed guardsman as their overseer. The will be painted up in drab colours with really pale flesh tones. Bless 'em, they're not well...




Command squad

Finally! I have added the comm link, the heavy flamer and the medic to the squad, as well as a weapon swap for the commanding officer. The standard bearer wears his trophy of the ultramarine shoulder guard.


Just to the left are the advisers, but more on them in a bit.







Speak of the devil! The advisers. From left to right we have the astropath (slash primaris psyker), the master of ordnance, 2 bodyguards and finally the wimpy pilot.


Priests

One pinched from the loyalists to make up the maximum 5. Difficult to kill and handy in assaults.



Stormtroopers
Yes, I know they are beastmen! But I intend to use them as a stormtrooper squad as they add tremendous chaos character to the infantry.




Chaos ogryn

Nuff said...





Well, that's about it for the infantry now. I have decided that the army is big enough, with plenty of scope for mixed and versatile force tactics. I can mix and match squads and officers around to create dozens of original force organisations to create armies that may well suit individual scenarios. Along with the 6 (SIX!!!) tanks available to me as well I can provide a withering hail of deadly firepower to accompany the vast numbers of scoring troops units.





I am now considering the next army project, and am once more leaning towards the chaos marines in my twisted machinations...


I'll muse on that separately... (muahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what? Here's your comment!! Thanks for taking the time to have a nose and feedback on it!!